Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Just do a Sudoku....




First it was Freecell. When we got our new computers at work this was already installed, and whoohoo! I was addicted instantly, in fact the whole office was. If someone was coming I could press alt+tab and go into the Word doc or Excel sheet I was really supposed to be working on. No one knew my secret addiction. Then, while I was up late at night with the twins when they were babies, I found I could play Mahjongg with just one hand. And now there's Sudoku. I remember doing these in school, but they didn't have that fancy name. I loved them then, and I love them now. I heard a man in the checkout line telling his grandaughter he wasn't going to buy her that Sudoku book because she's a girl. Girls aren't good at numbers and it would be a waste of money. Girls like crossword puzzles, girls are better at words than boys, "How about the Word Search book? I thought, yeah, just like that commercial, Dude, just go do a Sudoku, chill. I really wanted to speak up, but no one is more priceless in a little girls eyes than a grandfather and I couldn't break her heart and tell her he was wrong.




2 comments:

Victoria said...

I love playing Mahjong and free cell, haven't been much into sudoku.

Great video!!

Kari said...

Welcome to blogging, Jenne!!