Saturday, February 3, 2007

Wine snobs....

Nope, I don't drink wine. Even if I wanted to and it wasn't against my faith, I'm allergic to sulphur which is in all wines, even non-alcoholic. Last night we went to eat at our favorite French restaurant, thank you Bill & Carol for the ALWAYS appropriate gift certificate, and we got less than stellar service because we did not order any wine. I know that's why. The waitress walked around filling everyone's water glasses, stared right at ours noting they were STILL empty after our appetizer, another waitor came by and asked us for the 3rd time if we'd like to look at the wine list again. Again we said no thank you. She watched this and gestured to the waitor like it was a game play that had gone wrong and then walked away with the half filled water pitcher. We had to finally ASK. Not impressed Bistro Laurent, not impressed. The food was top notch and we loved the complimentary h'ourdourves, but we don't drink wine. Each time we turned them down they never once offered an alternative like soda or a Pellegrino. We finally got our water and still no offer for anything other than wine. I finally asked for a soda and you'd think I'd asked them for Spaghettios. The dinner was delish though and no complaints on portion or quality, I think I moaned with each bite. Wish I had room for dessert. Our favorite dessert place though is Panolivo's and their Pear Belle Helene - Poached pear, house-made vanilla ice cream with raspberry coulis: topped with Belgian hot chocolate sauce, chocolate vermicellie & whipped cream. Or the Super Decadent Chocolate Trio - Parisian Double Chocolate Brownie, topped with dark chocolate sauce, served with a house made chocolate truffle ice cream. Oh, my list of favorites goes on.....

No comments: