Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last Day of School!!!

I know, crazy!  I haven't blogged in so long, an entire school year has gone by.  I now have a college junior, a high school junior, and 2 high school sophomores!  Scary.  And expensive.   This means it is double the grocery bill season.  Netflix/Redbox/Blockbuster season(for the days when it's too hot to go outside).  And it also means sleeping in just a little, because we don't want to get out of the habit of getting up early.  When school starts again, the 3 high school kids will be in 0 period leadership, which means they have to get up at 5:00 to go to early morning seminary.  All 3!  Holy smokes.

Time to make some lists for the summer of books to read, movies to watch, projects to get done, games to play, skills to teach the dog, and chores to do.  Today I celebrated my last day of quiet peace at home with Chinese take-out.  I got busted when one of the kids came home from work early, I shared ONE bite.  This is my little tradition I do twice a year, once on the first day of school, and then on the last day of school.  I don't think I even got to sneak in a lunch date with the hubby this school year :(

We started off the school year with a visit from Grandma & Grandpa D.  Ick fractured his collar bone at the last practice of the season and missed the game that they came to see.  They got a hike in with the kids somewhere near Strawberry still.

The twins were both in plays this year, "Don't Rock the Boat", and "Westside Story".  K-Bug is hooked and wants to graduate having been in every high school production.  She's starting voice lessons over the summer.  Casey wants to focus more on music and more leadership responsibilities in band.  He may audition still for some plays, he had a great time.

Ick got his Driver's License, and someone asked me if I got a senior discount at the play.  I think my anxiety over having a new driver was definitely showing!

Little Mermaid went on a road trip to Utah with her friends to attend General Conference.  The trip was "Ah-mazing" is all we heard for a long time.  She loved Conference, and we watched it from home in our jammies trying to spot them in the center.  It WAS a truly memorable conference.

Mr. D and I went on a short 2 night cruise only to have our luggage loaded onto the ship next to us going on an 11 day Alaskan cruise.  Yeah, that's another post.  I don't camp in the mountains, and I don't camp at sea.  Seriously.

I've been teaching sewing and quilting classes at JoAnn's.  We are SO happy to have a craft store in town, WITH fabric!!!!  Mr. D doesn't get a break as summer school starts next week.  Too many highlights from this school year, so we'll just promise to stay on top this summer and next school year.  Look forward to some new bloggers as well, the "Sparkles" themselves.

No comments: