Thursday, September 17, 2009

"You Did It to Yourself"....



Good news finally, I am healing my heel! Looks good. Swelling is significantly down, the bone fragment fused, crack in my heel is gone. And now that the swelling is down, it's pretty evident there was more damage. Basically what I did was the next step he was going to do(surgically), I tore the fascia myself. That actually releases the tension of the tendons, a surgical step usually in severe plantar fascia cases. I was trying to avoid surgery, but it looks like "I did it to myself". That's actually what I always tell my husband when he injures himself in sports, "You did it to yourself". I guess I deserve a big, "You did it to yourself" now.

So, "The Plan": Transition back into regular shoes with my orthotics over the next few days, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 hours, until I'm back full time into real shoes. Any pain, back off, and wear the boot again, try again in a few days. My Primary Dr. also put me on Fosamax(for bone repair, not a flow problem, lol). Crossing my fingers this will do the trick. And hopefully the next vacation will be injury free.

No comments: