Friday, February 1, 2008

I did it! I did control the weather last night!

This California beach girl is not used to this. I lived in Utah for 2 years but I lived across from the university and 2 blocks from work. But it was FLAT, not here, I can't think of a single road or street that doesn't have a 45' angle somewhere in it. Just our driveway makes a fantastic slip-n-slide if there's a speck of ice or snow. And Todd's car going down with brakes on, resembled a thrill ride at Universal Studios. We got a break before another storm was headed in, so I bolted to the hardware store and got a shovel and salt. I felt I needed the basic necessities. No snow that night. Then, none predicted the next night, and last night missed us too! Now that I'm prepared, no snow! I thought it was lovely, and beautiful, but I like to be able to go where I want when I want. Maybe when we actually get 4WD it won't bother me so much to drive. But for now, I'm pleased with my weather controlling abilities!


No comments: